Google+

Sunday 1 April 2012

A Is For Apple... How Original!


So here we are the first day of the Blogging From A To Z Challenge. It only seems like two minutes that I was doing this last year! For more information visit the A To Z Challenge blog.

This year I have decided to just write about what randomly comes in to my head when I think of each letter.

And with ‘A’ it was apples… not totally original I know, seen as apple is usually the world used to start teaching us the alphabet at school. My second thought was ants. But I’ve no clue what to write about when it comes to ants – apart from I like how they march along in Tom & Jerry cartoons.

skip ahead to 5.31 to see the ants... or just watch the whole cartoon - it's up to you.

Anyway back to apples – I thought I’d tell you about a little peculiarity in my family (to be honest there are a lot of peculiarities in my family!)

I do not like to eat apples in their natural state. But I will eat them in pie… or crumble… or sauce. I’ll eat apple flavoured sweets and cakes. And I’ll even drink apple juice. But I don’t like eating fresh, non processed apples.

Now my brother is the opposite of me. He doesn’t like apple pie or anything like that (although I think he will drink the juice). But he is perfectly happy to eat the aforementioned natural, non processed apples.

There is something similar with my brother and sister and lemons. My sister will not eat anything lemon flavoured whatsoever except for Lemon Meringue Pie. My brother is the exact opposite and won’t eat lemon meringue but will eat anything else vaguely lemon flavoured.

And my brother and I are the same with strawberries just with a slight difference. Both me and my brother will eat strawberry jam and strawberry flavoured things… but neither of us will eat normal strawberries.

(So for my legions of admirers don’t send me strawberries be they chocolate coated or otherwise. Because I won’t eat them. You can send chocolate though ;) )

17 comments:

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

When it comes to chocolate, I will eat it with most anything. Even had it on a beef sandwich at a Lunch Wagon Chocolate Fest last month. Not sure I would like it on lemons though!
http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Chippy Hi!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful post, loved the read.

Good luck with the challenge.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

interesting ;) A

here is mine
http://pa-ul.blogspot.com/search/label/GAC%20A-Z%20Artists

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Chippy .. couldn't resist watching the whole of Tom and Jerry .. I'm eating my lunch!! I don't think my brothers and I have quirks like your family's .. Apples - I love in all forms .. though a good crumble would be delicious! Cheers Hilary

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Apples... Apples... who doesn't love them? Doctors.

Great start... to the challenge "A" is for Awesome!
Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
A to Z Co-Host
IZOMBIE: Visit the Madness

Simon Kewin said...

I think I like apples in all their forms. Strawberries too. But, sure, a coating of chocolate always improves them!

Brenda said...

Amazing the peculiarities we all have. I do have that in common with you in the apples dept. Though I will eat them and do like them sliced and dipped like in say...caramel sauce! But to just grab an apple out of the fridge and start munching, I have to make myself.

S. L. Hennessy said...

Your post just made me really hungry for apple pie! Happy A-Z challenge!

Claire Hennessy said...

I did Apple for day 1 of the challenge too :) My sister is really weird about apples - she is completely phobic about hearing anyone eat an apple. Can't bear it. Shouts at me if I dare to eat one in her presence!

Unknown said...

Something about the sugar content or au naturel? I've never liked apple pie quite as much as I used to, since that American movie.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I'm glad you started with apples. I love eating apples with popcorn.

Teresa

Sarah said...

My roommate will be happy to hear that you do not like to eat apples in their standard form. She's absolutely addicted to them (it's a real crisis around here if we run out). This means more apples for her. xD

Don't feel too bad about writing your A post about apples. You made it real fun to read. :)

Sarah @ The Writer's Experiment

Sari Webb said...

Families are weird, aren't they? I'm kinda the same with bananas. Not a fan of the standard banana, but love smoothies and banana cake and all those good things.

Apples get a (small) mention in my A-Z too. :)

Mum of One said...

I feel exactly the same about apples. Cooked apples are just awesome but it is something about the texture of raw apple. *Shudders*

Tonja said...

I don't like raw apples either - sometimes they have a weird, grainy texture. Very risky to bite into one. New follower.

Unknown said...

I just ate two small pieces of chocolate for you! And yes, I enjoyed them. Good post!
Stacey~