Google+

Friday 27 April 2012

X Is For X-ray

I have never broken a bone *knocks on wood*

But I have had three sets of x-rays taken in the past... all of my head.

not actually my x-ray - source
The first time I had my head x-rayed was when I was about nine years old. I don't actually remember having the x-rays taken.

A kid accidentally head butted me in the playground and I ended up going to hospital with concussion. Don't really remember a lot about it until I woke up in hospital a few hours later.

But I was told that there were x-rays involved.

The second set of x-rays was when I was about fourteen I think - at the dentist. At the time the dental x-rays involved a machine, in a separate room, that moved around your head... whilst the dentist hid behind the door... which I found quite funny.

The most recent  x-rays were also at the dentist... I'm not sure why - my dentist just said it was to check that everything was alright out of sight.

But the dental x-ray machine has come a long way since I was fourteen (*coughs* twelve years ago) and now it is a machine that is in the same room that you have your check up in. It was attached to the light contraption thing and they just line up with your jaw... but they still hide behind the door :)

2 comments:

Lynn Proctor said...

haha yeah most of my x-rays have been the dental kind also :)

Marta Szemik said...

I don't know why, but I really don't like x-rays. I won't run away from them, but something about them scares me.