Google+

Tuesday 3 April 2012

C Is For Call Of Duty

Well I've at least got the attention of the video game playing blog readers out there.

Now I'll be honest here the first thing that came in to my head when I thought of the letter C was 'crap'. Then after about twenty seconds of my brain chanting 'crap'at me I finally had a second thought beginning with C - Call Of Duty - which is a first person shooter game available on various consoles.

Yes I am female and I play Call Of Duty... mainly Modern Warfare 3 but I also like Black Ops and the other Call Of Duty games as well.

Now for those of you who don't play Call Of Duty and are still actually reading I'll give you some abbreviations for some of the more recent popular Call Of Duty games (so to all the COD fans reading this - don't get your knickers in a twist if I miss some of the games out - OK?).

So we've already had our first abbreviation - COD.

COD = Call Of Duty
COD MW = Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
COD MW2 = Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
COD MW3 = Do I really need to spell out what this one means given the two previous ones? OK I'll tell you anyway - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
CODBLOPS = Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Technically Black Ops should be further up the list... but I had a pattern going with the Modern Warfares!

So now non Call Of Duty players will understand some of what the Call Of Duty players are talking about.

And now for the COD players who have been sat there bored rigid with me explaining abbreviations that they already knew. Are there any of you still there?

Well for sitting through all that I have a video for you - Lego CODBLOPS Zombies! (CODBLOPS Zombies is an actual video game for the non COD players out there)

I think this video is great - and it really captures some of the things you encounter when playing online.



9 comments:

David Wagner said...

The original, first Call of Duty is still not only my favorite of the series, but one of my favorite gaming experience of all time... especially the Russian campaign...

I don't think they had it for consoles, though... anyway, yeah, one of my C words for the day was Call of Duty as well... kind of a cool coincidence.

Just floating around, clickin links on the A-to-Z link list and stumbled in here. Keep up the good work, eh!

Dave the Goof

Grammy said...

Hi,
I am not a video game player but I do like to play games on my computer. The ones that use the shooting drive me crazy. I prefer the ones that you have to think and not necessarily be fast. Now, my son in law, Tom, would be right there with you. He loves those kind of games.

I liked your butterfly post.
Ruby

Stacy S. Jensen said...

I think of something completely different with Call of Duty. I'm not a gamer — videos or poker. I just fly by the seat of my pants with games. Who knows, we may get a game system when the kiddo gets to be a teen. I wonder what will be available in several years.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those Lego video clips. I'm thinking of making a trailer for my books using those awesome little Lego guys.

Stephen Tremp
Co-host A to Z Challenge

Sharkbytes said...

I'm lousy at computer games, but if I could coordinate my hands with the controller better I know I'd be playing them. I'm hoping to visit all the blogs on the A-Z Challenge in April.

Colin Smith said...

So, do you call it "Cod Blops"? That sounds kind of cute. "Do you want to play Cod Blops?" doesn't sound at all like you want to go shoot at people and blow up things. :)

An educational post. Thank you! :)

Horst Peters said...

Just popped in to check out your blog. My kids would know what you're talking about - I haven't a clue.

Have fun with the A-Z month.

Horst
http://www.blogger.com/home

Arlee Bird said...

The only game I play on the computer is Solitaire which I sometimes play right before I go to bed because it makes me sleepy. If I had more time I would probably enjoy video games like COD.


Lee
Places I Remember
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Bob Scotney said...

COD has always been cash on delivery for me. I think I'll stick to solitaire.