First let me just say I am very eclectic. And my fashion sense isn’t much different. I draw from several different decades one of which is the 1950s. I listen to the music, am inspired by the fashion, hair, make up etc.
I think it is in my blood. My Grandparents all grew up in the 50s. Well they were all born before the 50s, but that decade was really when they went out and about, meeting people until they came across each other and fell in love etc.
So for the Nifty Fifty Blogfest over on Impossible Dreams in which you had to write a post based of the theme of the number 50, I have decided to tell you some of my favourite songs from the 50s.
By the way the artists might not be the original recording artist this is just the version or one of the versions that I prefer from the 1950s [the links should take you to Youtube so you can have a little listen]. And it took me ages to decide what order to put them in - I couldn't decide which I preferred.
10. Great Balls of Fire – Jerry Lee Lewis 
9. That’ll be the Day – Buddy Holly & the Crickets 
8. At the Hop – Danny & the Juniors 
7. Little Bitty Pretty One – Thurston Harris 
6. Shake, Rattle n’ Roll – Elvis Presley 
5. Splish Splash – Bobby Darin 
4. The Great Pretender – The Platters 
3. Hound Dog – Elvis Presley 
2. Mack the Knife – Bobby Darin 
1. See Ya Later Alligator – Bill Haley & his Comets 
So there you have it - my entry in to the Nifty Fifty Blogfest - Enjoy!