Google+

Friday 6 April 2012

F Is For Fantastic French Food

Well I have to admit I struggled with the letter 'F' - my first thought was... well it was not a good word let's put it that way. And I didn't think I could do a post on that!

My second thought was Fireman Sam... which was (and I think still is) a UK kids TV show. And again I didn't think I could write a post on that (we are going from one extreme to the other - one's an expletive, the other's a children's TV character!).

source
 So just as I was about to start pulling my hair out my brain tapped me on the shoulder (metaphorically you understand) and pointed out the TV to me and what programme I was watching.

So my post for the letter F is about food... but not just any food. The programme I've become obsessed with is The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo.

Rachel Khoo (who I discovered via Betty Bee - check out her interview with Rachel here) was born in the UK and moved to Paris to study at Le Cordon Bleu. And in the programme she shows you how to cook French food simply (sometimes with a twist) in the smallest restaurant in Paris - her apartment!!!

And with every episode I watch I end up more or less drooling over the food (and it doesn't seem to matter what she cooks I still drool over it). I've always loved Italian and Chinese food but maybe I need to add French food to the list.

She has a cookbook out that has over a hundred recipes in it and she also has a blog.

And I've tracked down a video to make you drool! (it's on the BBC iplayer at the moment - details of when it is on TV can be found here - don't know if it is available outside UK though)

Nom, nom, nom!


5 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Yum. Food tastes good.

Nicole said...

OMG, thanks for posting this cheesy French recipe! I just finished making homemade veggie pizza this evening, so I'm doing the Italy thing today, lol.

However, those Potato Nests might be the closes that I get to France....at least for the next several months or so....so, I might as well try the recipe and bring France to me :)


~Nicole
Blog: The Madlab Post
@MadlabPost on Twitter

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

I'm a foodie so I love this post.
dreamweaver

Monica said...

I live in Canada and saw one episode of this series on TV...then I could no longer find it. I didn't even know the name of the program...it's so weird to have come across it today in such a random way. Thank-you!
Hope you're enjoying the challenge,
Monica, Older Mommy Still Yummy

windows 8 themes said...

nice blog and post . keep it up admin god bless you . by windows 8 themes


windows 8 wallpaper