Google+

Monday 9 April 2012

H Is For Hairy Hat Man

I could actually read before I started school (just simple stuff - I wasn't reading Shakespeare or anything like that) but I will always remember the characters they used to teach us from Letterland.

There was Annie Apple and Bouncy Ben and a whole load of other characters... 24 other characters to be exact!

But the one I remember the most vividly was Hairy Hat Man (who is now known as Harry Hat Man).

I think it was just his name - he had one of the more unusual names I'll admit.

And looking at Amazon it looks as though the old books are still available... where he is still Hairy... not Harry.

Source - Amazon.co.uk
Just thought I'd share the first thing that came to mind when I thought of the letter 'H'. Which I might add almost got posted yesterday... until I remembered that we skip Sundays in the A To Z Challenge (except the first one this year). If I hadn't have remembered before yesterday I would probably have got to the 26th April and been unable to understand why I had fallen short of the 30th!

And in other news I've come across another blogfest. Don't panic... it's not taking place until May. Alex J Cavanagh is hosting the First Loves Blogfest on 14th May.

All you have to do is:

"First Loves Blogfest - on May 14, post your first loves – first movie, first song/band, first book, and first person. Four loves, one blogfest!"

To go and sign up click here.

4 comments:

Lynn Proctor said...

wow you forgot your break--neat looking book!

Adena said...

I'm going to go check out Letterland. I homeschool my kids and lalways looking for interesting ways to making the letters "stick" in their heads a little better.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Why would they change hairy to Harry? That's hirsutism gone mad!

Andrina said...

I definitely remember learning these letters in nursery school. :) Liking the a-z blogs, will be following :D

Andrina
A MIND*S EYE