Google+

Friday, 30 March 2012

Sad Songs Blogfest (Or Why I Love Michael Bublé)


I only recently discovered this blogfest – two days ago in fact – just as final preparations for the Blogging From A To Z Challenge are taking place. So I haven’t had time to blog about it separately to tell you all about it rapidly approaching.

But the blogfest title struck a cord with me (struck a cord… get it? Music… cords… oh never mind).

It is being hosted by Spunk On A Stick and the rules are simple:

“List the songs that move your spirit, cut deep into your soul, and threaten to break your heart.
No limit - top ten or less is fine.” 

I find that a lot of my favourite songs are either sad or have a vaguely depressing subject/lyrics (Although I do have some favourite songs that are more upbeat).

But some of the songs on my list may not be songs that you immediately view as sad. I was going to add a few words under watch song title about why I chose them but when it came to it I couldn’t explain why I had chosen them.

These may or may not be the original versions of these songs but they are the versions I listen to the most.

 I ended up with eleven in total (hopefully I have managed to get it to work so that the links will open in a new window – but I’m not all that technologically minded).
So these are in no order whatsoever (as you may notice I am a Michael Bublé fan - so if you are only going to listen to a couple of them make them Bublé!):

 Although I have to admit I think Cry Me A River as sung by Michael Bublé would make a cracking James Bond movie theme.

“Ian Fleming’s James Bond in Cry Me A River” *cue the silhouettes of guns and women*

But I’m getting sidetracked here. Although I don’t think I’ve got an awful lot left to say…

Erm… nope I think that’s about it. But as soon as I post this I will no doubt think of a million more songs that I wanted to add!

Of course it was only after I'd signed up for this blogfest that I realised that really I should have taken part on my writing blog... as it is a kind of writing related blogfest - if you read Spunk On A Stick's original post on this blogfest. But never mind it is here now - but do pop over to my writing blog for a look around!

14 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

Cry me a River is amazing. You should listen to Don McLean's Empty Chairs. I love that song and prefer it to American Pie.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Wonderful list and all ones I know.
I especially like Elton John and George Michael. Thanks for a wonderful post and bringing back many memories.

Yvonne.

Grumpy Bulldog, March Madman said...

Sad songs say so much, that's what Elton John said.

My sister loves Buble too. I'm more like meh. I can tolerate him but only once or twice a week.

Retro-Zombie said...

Great list of sad stuff, who is this Michael Buble you speak of...

Please Check out My Sad Song List...
Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
Visit The Madness:
iZOMBIE

Marian Allen said...

Thanks for these recommendations -- I knew some of them, but some are new to me. Always looking for good songs!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies recipes

Anna Smith said...

Struck a cord haha! Iv'e not heard much of Bublé but will have to check him out :)

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

GAH! american pie IS such a sad song, but i can't hear it without thinking of the weird al parady anymore!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You picked some oldies but goodies.

Gossip_Grl said...

Juz browsing the blogfest list. Nice song picks

baygirl32 said...

love your list - and mr buble

M Pax said...

Elton John could fill a list by himself... Or Buble. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Lots of oldies but goodies on your list. Nice!

Yadin Bromberg said...

Amazing post! I came across your blog via the A-Z Challenge. Please check mine out over at yadinbromberg.blogspot.com

Good luck with A-Z!!!
-Yadin

Jennie Bailey said...

Oh, you made me laugh with just your title (or why I love Michael Buble) - hilarious! American Pie is definitely sad. It chills me when I listen to it. And There You'll Be - definitely a tearjerker! You've got a great list here!