Google+

Friday 30 March 2012

Sad Songs Blogfest (Or Why I Love Michael Bublé)


I only recently discovered this blogfest – two days ago in fact – just as final preparations for the Blogging From A To Z Challenge are taking place. So I haven’t had time to blog about it separately to tell you all about it rapidly approaching.

But the blogfest title struck a cord with me (struck a cord… get it? Music… cords… oh never mind).

It is being hosted by Spunk On A Stick and the rules are simple:

“List the songs that move your spirit, cut deep into your soul, and threaten to break your heart.
No limit - top ten or less is fine.” 

I find that a lot of my favourite songs are either sad or have a vaguely depressing subject/lyrics (Although I do have some favourite songs that are more upbeat).

But some of the songs on my list may not be songs that you immediately view as sad. I was going to add a few words under watch song title about why I chose them but when it came to it I couldn’t explain why I had chosen them.

These may or may not be the original versions of these songs but they are the versions I listen to the most.

 I ended up with eleven in total (hopefully I have managed to get it to work so that the links will open in a new window – but I’m not all that technologically minded).
So these are in no order whatsoever (as you may notice I am a Michael Bublé fan - so if you are only going to listen to a couple of them make them Bublé!):

 Although I have to admit I think Cry Me A River as sung by Michael Bublé would make a cracking James Bond movie theme.

“Ian Fleming’s James Bond in Cry Me A River” *cue the silhouettes of guns and women*

But I’m getting sidetracked here. Although I don’t think I’ve got an awful lot left to say…

Erm… nope I think that’s about it. But as soon as I post this I will no doubt think of a million more songs that I wanted to add!

Of course it was only after I'd signed up for this blogfest that I realised that really I should have taken part on my writing blog... as it is a kind of writing related blogfest - if you read Spunk On A Stick's original post on this blogfest. But never mind it is here now - but do pop over to my writing blog for a look around!

14 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

Cry me a River is amazing. You should listen to Don McLean's Empty Chairs. I love that song and prefer it to American Pie.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful list and all ones I know.
I especially like Elton John and George Michael. Thanks for a wonderful post and bringing back many memories.

Yvonne.

PT Dilloway said...

Sad songs say so much, that's what Elton John said.

My sister loves Buble too. I'm more like meh. I can tolerate him but only once or twice a week.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Great list of sad stuff, who is this Michael Buble you speak of...

Please Check out My Sad Song List...
Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
Visit The Madness:
iZOMBIE

Marian Allen said...

Thanks for these recommendations -- I knew some of them, but some are new to me. Always looking for good songs!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies recipes

PR said...

Struck a cord haha! Iv'e not heard much of Bublé but will have to check him out :)

vic caswell said...

GAH! american pie IS such a sad song, but i can't hear it without thinking of the weird al parady anymore!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You picked some oldies but goodies.

Gossip_Grl said...

Juz browsing the blogfest list. Nice song picks

baygirl32 said...

love your list - and mr buble

M Pax said...

Elton John could fill a list by himself... Or Buble. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Lots of oldies but goodies on your list. Nice!

Yadin Bromberg said...

Amazing post! I came across your blog via the A-Z Challenge. Please check mine out over at yadinbromberg.blogspot.com

Good luck with A-Z!!!
-Yadin

Jennie Bailey said...

Oh, you made me laugh with just your title (or why I love Michael Buble) - hilarious! American Pie is definitely sad. It chills me when I listen to it. And There You'll Be - definitely a tearjerker! You've got a great list here!