Google+

Thursday 14 April 2011

L is For... LOL

LOL - Laugh Out Loud. But I am talking about when you really laugh out loud. When the laugh can not be contained a second longer so it bursts out of your mouth. Those random bouts of laughter that sneak up on you when you least expect it. They usually occur when you are walking down the street or when you are sat on the bus, surrounded by complete strangers.

For example recently I have found myself laughing to myself whenever I think of a certain part of Ross Noble's latest DVD - Things. The link takes you to the Ross Noble website where you can see some clips from some of his tours.

Anyway there is this bit when he is talking about that advert for recognising the signs of a stroke (I know it doesn't sound funny but trust me it is). Anyway there is this face that he pulls when he is supposed to be 'Frowning At Steve Tyler' (yes he is very very random in his comedy - trying to explain it is difficult, you really have to watch Ross Noble to understand).

Anyway so recently everytime I thought about that bit I started laughing - and it is usually somewhere public, where passersby think you are insane.

Who stands in the street laughing? Well I do and I'd rather do that than be miserable.

Another odd one is when you are walking along thinking of something funny and then realise that you've been wandering along with a grin on your face.

I like it when I really LOL! :-)

2 comments:

Susan Oloier said...

I love those LOL moments. I know people have looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic (even family members who don't get the inside joke have given me the sideways glance), but like you said who cares. Better to be happy than unhappy. Great post.

Doreen McGettigan said...

Laughing out loud can help you lose weight and live longer. I love when it happens!

http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com