Google+

Monday 14 April 2014

L Is For...



My theme for the A To Z Challenge 2014 is things I’ve learnt from movies. Some are serious, some are silly. And some I was clutching at straws.
I’ve tried to find clips of said movies where possible. So if I couldn’t find a clip and you haven’t seen the movie… well you’ll have to take my word for it.




 L is for Legally Blonde.

Basic plot:

When a blonde sorority queen is dumped by her boyfriend, she decides to follow him to law school to get him back and, once there, learns she has more legal savvy than she ever imagined.

I don't know what it is about this movie but I find it inspiring in a way. When Elle knuckles down and rises above everyone's expectations it makes me want to go and get stuff done.

But what I learnt from this movie is that you should never judge a book from it's cover... well I already knew that but this movie demonstrates that.

To pad out the brief plot above basically Elle's boyfriend Warner dumps her because he's off to law school and wants someone more 'serious' (don't judge a book by it's cover Warner). Elle decides to try and get him back, by demonstrating that she can be serious, by going to law school too.

And one of my favourite moments is when she runs in to him on her first day and when he questions how she managed to get in to Harvard (I thought I told you not to judge a book by it's cover Warner!) I just love her answer (if you want to know the answer you'll have to watch the clip - I just love her tone when she answers him).

If you don't want to watch the whole clip she runs in to Warner at around 0.40 (this movie is rated 12 in the UK).



1 comment:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I adore that movie. So clever. So true about what you learned.