Google+

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Western Style!

Another week, another teaser...

And this week I have a western for you... which I don't normally read but this one caught my eye.

So the rules for this weekly meme are simple:


Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Then nip over to Should be Reading to add your link. 


So my teaser for the week is:


"There was a storm at our backs, the last true storm of the winter, but we managed to keep ahead of it and made good time through the afternoon and into the night. We set up camp in a large, cave, its roof blackened with the soot of other men's fires."


Page 76, The Sisters Brothers - Patrick deWitt


And as I've never read any of Patrick deWitt's books before this book counts towards the New Author Challenge hosted by Literary Escapism.



2 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I'd do that but I'm reading one of my own stories this week.

Unknown said...

I've read The Sisters Brothers. It was pretty fun, hope you like it :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday.html