Google+

Monday 19 September 2011

I Wish I Hadn't Watched That! - Worst Movies Ever Blogfest

Today is the day that Alex J Cavanaugh is hosting the Worst Movies Ever Blogfest.

All you have to do is:

"...post a list of up to ten of the worst movies you’ve ever had the misfortune to watch. Films that just oozed awfulness and featured plot holes so big you could drive a bus through them. Any genre or year, but only theater and straight to video/DVD titles. (Otherwise we’d all list every movie ever made by the SyFy Channel!)"

I really had to think about this I tend to forget films that I didn't like. I remember the ones I love but the ones that are rubbish get erased from my memory fairly quickly.


So I compiled a list. Now some of these are films where I haven't seen all of the film. I try to give films a chance but some I just had to give up on before the end. So you never know the film might have picked up right after I stopped watching. But as I don't intend to ever watch them again I guess I'll never know.


No doubt some of you will disagree with some of my choices... but I'll probably disagree with some of your too.


In no particular order of hideousness:


Fun With Dick & Jane - Four words Jim Carrey - what were you thinking? Seriously we know he can make good movies - Bruce Almighty before this and Yes Man after are proof - so where did this come from? I can barely remember what it was about it was so dull.







Click - as I was watching this film, at first I thought it was average. But there is a particular scene in it that took it from an average film to a film worthy of the 'worst' film title. For those who were unfortunate enough to watch this film and were wondering the scene involves David Hasselhoff.








The Libertine - I'll admit I didn't watch all of this but the twenty or thirty minutes that I did watch were not exactly exciting... you would have thought given the subject matter and the fact that Johnny Depp was starring that it was would have been a 'thrilling romp'... but it was boring. His character was no Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka or Sweeny Todd.

Even if you tell me that it was brilliant after the first thirty minutes I will not be revisiting.



Le Divorce - in my opinion this film was too close to real life to make it entertaining. I know we want movies to be believable but this was tedious. I work at a solicitors office so I see divorce files everyday... and that is more interesting than this film was.







There are other films out there that are no doubt just as boring, dull or tedious that escape me at the moment. There are also films out there that I thought about putting in this list but they are not necessarily the 'worst' films I've ever seen. What I didn't like about them was that they fall in to the modern version of horror - throw enough blood and gore around and no one will notice the lack of plot... they just grossed me out. *shudders* In fact there is one film that just the trailer creeped me out to the point that I refuse to watch the actual film... *shudders again*

Now I'm off to watch some films that I love and to put all these bad films behind me :)

6 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

I've never heard of any of these!

LOL. After reading all these posts about bad movies, I'm looking forward to seeing a good one, too.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I haven't heard of these , I didn't realise how many bad fims they are about,

Yvonne.

baygirl32 said...

I've never heard of The Libertine or Le Divorce

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The only one I've seen (part of) is Click - bad enough I didn't watch it all!
Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

Jennie Bailey said...

Fun with Dick and Jane was super disappointing. I thought it would be FUNNY. Silly me expecting a comedy out of a...comedy.

Karlene said...

Fun with Dick & Jane—I forgot about that one! Saw it on TV. Got distracted during a commercial and never finished it.