Google+

Friday 26 July 2013

Electric Violins & Charity

I couldn't think of anything else to call this so this will have to suffice.

So I went on my lunch break yesterday and as I was walking through the local shopping centre I could hear a violin playing.

And as I got nearer I saw a young woman playing the electric violin and she had a sign that said she was raising money for Cancer Research UK and Hilton In The Community Foundation by busking in 9 different places over 5 days which would add up to 24 hours. I'm a little late to this party because I'm pretty sure that yesterday was the last day of her charity tour.

I looked her up on the internet when I got back to my desk and it turns out it was Alexandra Parker who was on Britain's Got Talent in 2011. Now I don't watch Britain's Got Talent but in my opinion either the act that beat Alexandra was absolutely phenomenal or she definitely was robbed.

She has a blog and a YouTube channel.

If you go to her blog or watch her recent vlogs you can find out more about this including where you can donate... ;)

And I'll leave you with Alexandra playing the violin...


No comments: