Google+

Friday 5 July 2013

Cowabunga Dude!

I have briefly mentioned on this blog before that I was (am) an uber Teenage Mutant Hero* Turtles fan when I was little.

*in the UK during the 80s they were known as the Hero Turtles not Ninja Turtles.

Well some things never change. Their influence can still be found in my life.

Looking around my room I spotted numerous things relating to these cool dudes. I sometimes wonder if my choice of university course (History of Art & Design) was inspired by these dudes (Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael).

FYI Leonardo was (is) my favourite! (Even if my favourite colour is in fact purple - Donatello)

Clothing


Eagle eyed readers might recognise this t-shirt from a previous post.



This top started out life as a large t-shirt.



These are the latest edition to my collection - found in the men's section in Primark.

Food

I mean who doesn't have turtle shaped cookie cutters? You don't? How weird are you?

 

But seriously this cutters are good when used with a stiffer dough (with a softer dough they just become splodgy shapes rather than turtle shaped cookies) but Leonardo and Raphael are a pain in the a*se to try and get out of their cutters in one piece.

Random

Excuse the dust on this money box... he sits in my cupboard/wardrobe usually. I can't use him as a money box though any more as I lost the stopper.


Another dusty turtle here - my Uncle bought me this one when I was little, he also sits in my cupboard/wardrobe guarding my clothes.


And then I have the random crap my Dad found in the attic which include a wooden plaque...


And a rug...

TV

And no self-respecting Turtles fan could go on without having the original 80s series on DVD could they?



Cowabunga!


1 comment:

Tonja Drecker said...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are simply awesome. :)