Google+

Friday 30 November 2012

Where Have I Seen That Colour Before?

Don't ever say I'm not random on this blog. Last week I posted about cyclists. And this week I'm posting about lipstick.

Before we start I know the photos aren't that great - lighting issues.

Now just a lately I've noticed a lot of bloggers and vloggers talking about Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in the colour Black Cherry.

A lot of people have said you can use it more like a stain if you don't want it full on dark.

So I tootled along to Boots to do a swatch. So I swiped it on the back of my hand and I liked it. It's a nice colour.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
So I thought I'd buy it. But Boots had the wrong colour above the tester and I couldn't see it anywhere else. But then I looked at the colour again and thought... that colour looks familiar.

So I went home and rooted around in my lipstick collection until I found this:

NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White
What did I say about the lighting - it refused to be consistent!

So this is NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White. Now in order to compare the two I did a swatch of the Revlon one on a tissue and brought it home to compare against the NYX one.


As you can see the NYX one is a teeny tiny bit redder than the Revlon one but it probably won't be that noticeable if you use it like a stain... plus the NYX one is cheaper :)

No comments: