Sunday, 6 February 2011
Top Ten Horror/Science Fiction Movie Quotes Blogfest Part 2 - Science Fiction
And so here we are with part 2 of my horror/science fiction movie quotes. This time Science Fiction.
Now until I started listing quotes I had never thought of myself as a sci-fi fan...which was why I originally was going to have one list of both genres, as I figured that I wouldn't have enough sci-fi quotes for them to have their own list...clearly I was wrong. Again some are classic, some a fairly random. But I did notice that a certain actor kept cropping up. He already featured in my horror list and he shows up three times in my Sci-fi list!
So off we go again...
10. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.
Morpheus - The Matrix (1999)
9. I'll be back!
The Terminator - The Terminator (1984)
8. From the moment the invaders arrived, breathed our air, ate and drank, they were doomed. They were undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth. By the toll of a billion deaths, man had earned his immunity, his right to survive among this planet's infinite organisms. And that right is ours against all challenges. For neither do men live nor die in vain.
Narrator - War of the Worlds (2005)
7. Stans: Wow, what a s**thole. You live here?
Noland: Oh, no. No. This is my summer home. I winter in the Riviera. The schools are so much nicer there. And the men... Ooh, la, la! By the way, you're welcome.
6. Okay, now come up with a plan that doesn't involve your 10-year-old sister joining the Army! You got anything like that?
Ray Ferrier - War of the Worlds (2005)
5. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Yoda - Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
4. Hold my pie. *man looks at him blankly* Sir, hold it or wear it.
Detective Del Spooner - I, Robot (2004)
3. *holds up badge* See that? NYPD, means I will Knock Your Punka** Down!
James Edwards - Men in Black (1997)
2. Agent J: Let's put it on.
Kevin Brown: What?
Agent J: The last suit you'll ever wear...again.
Men in Black II (2002)
And so here comes my number one most memorable sci-fi quote. I once saw on the Internet, somewhere out there in cyber space, someone asking for someone to explain this quote to them. In my opinion if you don't understand this quote in the context of this film then you haven't much chance of understanding any of the film. It is difficult for me to explain...but if you have seen this film...and you understand it...then you will understand what I mean when I say that this quote is more or less the whole basis of the film. I know what I mean, hopefully you will too!
1. There is no spoon.
Boy - The Matrix (1999)