As hosted by Nicole Ducleroir at her blog One Significant Moment at a Time. It's very simple. All you have to do is fill out Bernard Pivot's questionnaire.
So here we go with my wonderfully random answers.
1. What is your favourite word?
I could just cheat and use Homer Simpson’s favourite word from when The Simpsons were on Inside The Actor’s Studio. Which if I remember correctly was ‘marshmallow’.
But I think I’m going to have to go with ‘snaffle’. Which I didn’t realise was a real word. I looked it up and it is a type of bit that goes in a horse’s mouth.
I use in the informal way which means to ‘purloin’, ‘filch’...or in other words ‘take’.
2. What is your least favourite word?
I don’t like the word ‘fail’. Both in the ‘you’ve failed’ way and in the slightly annoying way that some folk say ‘fail’ when you have said/done something incorrectly.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Music - there are certain songs that can do all three.
4. What turns you off?
Shouting in general. But specifically arguments that involve shouting.
5. What’s your favourite curse word?
B*llocks. You can put as much joviality or venom in to that word as you want...depending on your mood. There is a similarly pronounced and spelt word in the US that isn’t a curse word. But in the UK it is a curse word.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
The glugging sound that liquid makes just before it starts to pour out of the bottle [it doesn’t have to be wine but it helps].
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
The sound of a door slamming. Not a car door, they have to be slammed otherwise they don’t quite shut properly. I mean a door being slammed on a building. It is sudden and abrupt...and rarely good.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
A fashion designer.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
I would not like to work in a call centre. I wouldn’t like to call people knowing that they now hate me for having called them.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Welcome to heaven. Yes we have chocolate. So who do you want to meet first?