I have got tomorrow off work, making my weekend this week not two but three days long, and I am going to attempt [yet again] to get something done.
Whilst reading the blog of artist, writer and illustrator Jackie Morris, Drawing a Line in Time, I saw that she regularly puts a 'to do' list in her blogs and then checks off the the items on the list that she manages to complete.
So as encouragement to get me to actually complete a task I have decided to a similar list. Having a list of things I haven't done displayed for all to see might actually encourage me to achieve some of them.
So my list of things to do this weekend includes:
- Write a letter to my doctor [so I don't have to spend the next week on the phone trying to make contact with them].
- Complete proof-reading exercise.
- Start writing number one of my fairy tale ideas, into an actual story.
- Start writing number two of my fairy tale ideas, into an actual story.
- Continue research for novel.
- Take something from my pile of clothes to customise/adjust and customise/adjust it [it must not return to the pile to count as an achievement].
- Practice putting false eyelashes on [another hobby of mine, make-up, I've had the eyelashes for weeks and done nothing with them yet].
- Eat some chocolate. ;)
We shall reconvene on Monday to find out what, if anything other than number eight, I have completed.