Google+

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Once Upon a Time...


At around the same time that I began writing this blog I decided that I would write at least one short story a month…it wouldn't even matter if it wasn't completely finished as long as I had the idea and most of the story down on paper.
Last week I came up with an idea for a group of short stories involving rewriting fairy tales and other classic fantasy stories.
I immediately sat down with a piece of paper and a pen, and began mind-mapping various ideas, that turned each well-known tale on its head, making the good guys bad and the bad guys good.
It was after doing to this to five different stories that I realised that I would have to think a lot harder and look deeper into these stories.
Out of five story ideas, three of them all involved a sinister plot to overtake one kingdom or another.
So it's back to the drawing board for now...hopefully it will not be long before I come across some slightly more original motives for evil 'good guys'.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Chip!
Just popped over from Talkback to have a nosey. Good idea re' the fairy tales. Lou Treleaven wrote an adult fairy tale for Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers that may help your approach. http://thrillskillsnchills.blogspot.com/2010/03/sweet-things-by-lou-treleaven.html
Hope this is useful.
Regards,
Col
Ps. Nice colour scheme BTW!