Google+

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Tuesday Intros & Teaser Tuesday



To take part in Tuesday Intros hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea all you have to do is post the first paragraph of the first chapter of the book you are reading or are going to read.

And to take part in Teaser Tuesday hosted by Should Be Reading is turn to a random page in the book you are reading and share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. Being careful not to include any spoilers of course.

Here are mine:

Tuesday Intro

(This is actually from what is titled the Introduction of this book)

It is sixty years since I first met Sidney Grice. He was still quite young - though he did not seem it at the time - and already well known in England. But he had yet to achieve the international fame that a series of hilariously inaccurate Hollywood films was to bring upon him.

Teaser Tuesday

"I never forget anything," he said, slipping his coat on, "least of all conditions, and I shall take you to any meetings that may be conducted during this investigation. But I am going now to the mortuary, hardly a place fit for the entertainment of a young lady."

Loc 448, The Mangle Street Murders by M. R. C. Kasasian

This book counts towards my total for the New Author Challenge 2014 hosted by Literary Escaism


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hah, your teaser sounds very British, and I'm definitely curious about what's going on. Interesting pick!!

Here are mine: Burn for Me and The Young Elites!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Funny! I wouldn't consider a mortuary to be "entertainment" for anyone!
My Tuesday post features TRAIL MIX.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Fun intro, I would read more.

The Bibliophilism said...

I really like the cover. Both intro and teaser sound interesting. Thanks for sharing, Chippy!

P.S.: my sister's nickname is 'Chippy' too. Her real name is Silvia lol

kayerj said...

that's an interesting beginning. I'd read on for a bit anyway. Have a nice week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on