Google+

Friday 24 January 2014

Reading Challenges 2013-14

I meant to post this not long after the new year but PS3 games life got in the way... but better late than never.

So last year I took part in three reading challenges... and here are the results.

I took part in two challenges that were hosted by Book Chick City. The first of which was the Zombie Reading Challenge.

There were 4 levels to choose from: one chomp (6 books), two chomps (12 books), three chomps (18 books) and four chomps (24 books).

I opted for one chomp... and managed to read a total of two zombie books... so I failed that one :(

The second Book Chick City challenge I took part in last year was the Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Reading Challenge.

Again there were 4 levels to choose from: one howl (12 books), two howls (24 books), three howls (36 books) and four howls (48 books).

I opted for one howl and ended up reading a total of ten urban fantasy books... so I failed that one as well but not quite so drastically.

The final reading challenge I took part in was hosted by Literary Escapism - the New Authors Challenge.

With this challenge the 'new' authors have to be new to you rather than new to the publishing world.

The options for this challenge were 15, 25 or 50 new authors. I went for 15 and I read a total of...

...drum roll please...

...17 new authors! Yay I managed to complete a challenge!

This year I'm sticking with the New Authors Challenge, again hosted by Literary Escapism, and I'll try for 15 again.





No comments: