Google+

Friday 25 January 2013

In Which I Realise I Need To Rejoin The Library

I have developed an obsession with using the phrase 'in which' in my blog post titles. Well I say obsession... this is only the second time I've used it but you get my drift... don't you?

Anyway I used to be a member of my town library. In fact I still have my membership card in my purse... but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work any more. I haven't taken a book out of the library for just under a decade more or less.

I've been in the library... looked stuff up the old fashioned non technological way but I haven't taken books out since I was at university.

But as I was looking through my 'to read' list on Goodreads I realised that I should really rejoin. I have 270 books on my 'to read' list. A few I already own... a couple I have as ebooks on my laptop (no I do not own an e-reader of any kind). Which leaves approx 250 books that I want to read.

I can't buy them all... can I?

Well I could give it a go I suppose. But there are some books that I think would probably be easier to borrow from the library than to actually buy... no matter how cheap I get them for.

So me thinks a visit to renew my membership is in order in the not too distant future!

1 comment:

drollgirl said...

do it! such a good idea! this is coming from someone that hasn't gotten a book from a library in decades. i should do it too! it would save me money, motivate me to READ FASTER, and save precious space on my overflowing bookshelves!