Google+

Sunday 7 August 2016

Creatively Speaking: So Much Sewing Needs Doing!

There is a YouTuber by the name of Annika Victoria and she has a series on her videos called The Style Pile.

And these focus on things she has taken out of the pile of sewing she has got waiting to be dealt with.

I too have such a pile and here it is...


I can almost hear O Fortuna ~ Carmina Burana playing when I look at that photo.

But I decided to try and tackle some of it and in about an hour I'd dealt with these pieces.


OK so it's not a lot but it's a start, right?

The items at the bottom of the photo are just bits that needed a hole sewing up in them (you know that the kind of stuff that I could have easily dealt with months ago... but just couldn't be bothered... I've mentioned before that I'm kind of lazy haven't I?).

The flowery thing at the top is something that I have started work on - it's a maxi dress I got from a charity shop.

And it is bang on the right length for me (strange as I am quite petite). But I find it a bit billowy (if that is a word) so I'm going to put slits up the sides, to the knee, to try and conquer that. Push comes to shove I'll just chop the bottom off and make it knee length.

So that's 4 items (ok 3 and a bit) down only another 400 million to go!

Til next time...

No comments: