Google+

Saturday 1 January 2011

52 Books in a Year - The Challenge Begins

Happy New Year to you all!!!!

So 2011 has begun and with it so has the challenge that I have set myself of trying to read 52 books in one year.

I mentioned in my last post about this that I was trying to get the anthology that I was reading finished so that I could have a fresh start.

Unfortunately for the last week I have been ill. And it wasn't the type of ill where I sat and read constantly. It was the type of ill when you stare mindlessly at the TV lacking the energy to do anything else. I was half way through the anthology so no doubt at some point during 2011 I will get it finished and will therefore have a 'half' of a book in with my total.

So then book number 1. I decided to go for something light to get me started, before I start delving back in to the darker stuff that I read, thrillers and horrors etc.

So my first book of 2011 is a bit of chick lit - Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

I have made a page which you should find in the sidebar on the right so you can keep track of the books I have read so far.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

52 books? Wow, that sounds like a lot! I should start a reading list too, actually. I have a few untouched books still standing on my bookshelf, begging to be read. But I don't think I'll manage 52. Good luck with that and keep us updated!

Unknown said...

This is a good idea. I'll start a reading list as well. Good luck with your 52 books!

Yvonne said...

Hi Chippy,
I just found you at Lady Blogger's Tea Party!
I love your blog and your 52 Book Challenge--good luck!!
xoxox
Yvonne
http://centralcaligrrrl.blogspot.com/