Google+

Friday 9 August 2013

Random Thought #48 - I'm So Over Summer

autumn_leaves

This week I came to the decision that I am ready for autumn to begin. There's been a bit of a chill the last couple of mornings and although August has only just begun I want to start wearing coats and jumpers again.

And I want to see the leaves change colour.

Every year I mean to take my camera out with me and take photos of the trees in autumn... and never do. It's a bit like how it took me years to actually be there camera in hand when the cherry blossom tree in our garden blossomed.


Roll on autumn! (And then, perhaps with the exception of a white Christmas, we could bypass winter and go straight for spring?)

2 comments:

orneryswife said...

I share your sentiments EXACTLY!! Long fall, microscopic winter (preferably around the holidays when we don't have to go out!) and eternal spring. :D

I love the fall colors, but I also like the reemerging color of spring. Summer just seems to drag on and on. We've been fortunate this year to have a relatively mild summer until the last week or two, but it didn't take me long to be "over summer."
tm

Jo said...

We are still waiting for summer to start here in Ontario. We have had so much rain this year, and now the leaves are beginning to fall even though, as you said, its only August